Introduction

Home Forums DF95 Introduction

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Puerto Rico DF95 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

df95usa
    Keymaster

I’ll start this off I’m Russ Gardner the DF95 Class secretary and one of the admins for this site. I am relatively new to RC yachting. I started sailing a Victoria in 2012 with the Sun City Modeler in Georgetown, Texas. I purchased a DF65 in 2014 and the DF95 as soon as it was available. I look forward to competing with the DF95 and hope to meet y’all at the pond.

DesertDF95
    Participant

Hi Russ, Mike Eades here in Wickenburg, AZ. Congratulations to the DF95 team for a fast AMYA sanction and great product support. The B Rig video is excellent but too late for me as I already have my B and C rigs done. We have a good fleet (8 DF95’s) here in the Phoenix area and so far have been blessed with good winds to try out both A and B rigs. Great competitive sailing! They are a blast downwind in a good breeze!
    Mike

df95usa
      Keymaster

Welcome Mike! Glad you’re aboard!.

mohsusa06

Hi, Brian Mohs from Safety Harbor on the west coast of Florida. I’m one of the DF95 class directors and committed to helping make this class a success. We have 13 registered boats in Florida and from the reaction to the boat at the lakes I’ve sailed at this is only the beginning. Look forward to seeing everyone at the nationals in October.

Hap41

Hi…Hap McGill from Surprise Arizona and Kentfield California. Along with Russ and Brian, I am one of the DF95 Class Director’s. We currently have 8 DF95’s here in Arizona, with many more to come. Our experiences on the water with these boats has been very positive. Upwind and downwind the 95’s fly!!

zitamon
    Participant

Hi Russ Where can I find the numbers and locations on the the sails?
    thanks

zitamon
    Participant

size of numbers

deburwell
    Participant

Hi All, Don Burwell from the Palm Beach Gardens Florida. We currently only have a few registered 95’s in our clubs that I sail in but have several more that have become very interested in the DF95s. I have sailed several different classes of boats and have found this to be one of the easiest boats to assemble and get up sailing competitively in a very short period of time (3 hours for me). I personally have decided this is the boat of choice for me due to size, weight and performance. I would be very interested in either sponsoring or attending any events in the southern FL area.

I was looking for the nationals notice can you please let me know where I can find this information?

df95usa
      Keymaster

Hi Don Burwell! The current info on the Nationals is on this site under Events on the top menu. I do not believe the actual NOR has been published yet. Welcome aboard!

Hap41

Welcome to Don Burwell! Glad that you have had such a great experience with the DF95. I am located in the Arizona/California area…North Bay R/C Sailing Club (Just North of San Francisco) for the Summer and West Valley R/C Mariners in the Phoenix area for the Winter. Like you, I have had nothing but great experiences sailing the DF95. She is a good one!! Hope to be able to meet you in the near future…perhaps at the Nationals in October?

Hap
    DF95 USA #41

df95usa
    Keymaster

I have not seen these published anywhere yet.

stevewashburn
    Participant

Hi All

Steve Washburn here – Long Beach, CA

New RC Sailor this year – Bought the DF65 and DF95. Have sailed so far in Mission Bay in San Diego, Mason Park in Irvine, and in Lake Balboa in the San Fernando Valley.

Check out the RC Section of my website for reports on the events I have raced in so far and other events: http://socalsailingnews.com/category/radio-sailing/

Looking forward to some fun events.

df95usa
      Keymaster

Hi Steve and welcome to the site. I hope we build a thriving community to enjoy our DF95s.

Russ

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  df95usa.

BuzzColeman
    Participant

Hi

Buzz Coleman Located just east of London, UK.

I’m part of the design team for the DF95 and ongoing DF Racing products, working with John Tushingham and Joysway.

I’ll be lurking with interest in whats going on over there, Its great to see this yacht growing so quickly. Any Technical questions or problems i’ll try to help!

df95usa
      Keymaster

Welcome Buzz! Thanks for being a part of the team that brought us this incredibly fun boat! Please feel free to do more than lurk as well.

Russ

FastDragon
    Participant

Hello. This is Dick Hedderick in Naples, Fl. I am retired and been fortunate to have sailed RC boats for about 12 years with the Naples Model Yacht Club. My personal favorite boats have been the EC-12 and the Venom 36/600. I have found The DF95 is not as exotic as the Venom, but offers simalar performance at a much more affordable price. My DF95 #55 will soon be “Cherry Red”.

Hap41

Welcome aboard Dick1 I look forward to coming your way for DF95 events. Please contact me if your travel plans include a visit to Arizona. We have a very active club with 8 DF95’s and growing. hapmcgill@yahoo.com

Hap USA #41

Puerto Rico DF95
    Participant

Hello From Sunny Puerto Rico, My name is Robert Maza I’m retired Army 1SG w 25 yrs of service, my current job is full time RC Sailing. I sail w a Great group of guys most of the boats that we sail are locally made 1M. I have a page on FaceBook the Group is call “Los Guineitos RC Sailing Open” Please come by and check us out and feel free to post in English. Hopefully we can meet in OCT during the DF95 Nationals.

dragon25
    Participant

Greetings from Palm Coast Fl. My name is Bill Wells I’ve been sailing df 65 for two yrs with the Jacksonville skippers, Now the 95 is on the playing field.

I’m looking forward to sail with as meany 95 skippers as l can…

Rick
    Participant

Hey,
    I will soon be a first time RC sailor at the age of sixty-nine.
    Around 1978 I decided to buy a Hobie Cat. Everyone was sailing the 16 foot, but I went straight to the 18. I raced this boat around the West Coast of Florida for two years. Her hull number was 695. Having done a lot of research on the various RC sailboats, I feel like I am making a similar buying decision with the Dragonflite 95. I look forward to the excitement and challenge of sailing such a powerful, and yet graceful little boat. In the meantime I sit here patiently waiting on the UPS truck.

df95usa
      Keymaster

Welcome Rick! You’ll have a blast with this boat!

Russ G.

jonesjj
    Participant

Greetings All, Jeff Jones here new to the DF95 and Sailing. I have done lots of reading and decided on this ship for my first sailboat to learn on and enjoy. I come from 40 + yrs of RC Airplanes, Heli, and Sailplanes, now at 59 I am a snowbird and living down in St. Petersburg Fl from Oct to mid April. Looking forward to maybe meeting up with other skippers, learning a new part of the wonderful world of RC.

mohsusa06

jonesjj,
      We sail at Freedom Lake park in Pinellas Park. We are about 10 strong now. Come join us when you get to Florida. Cheers Brian

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  mohsusa06.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  mohsusa06.

Rick
    Participant

I am new to DF95 also, however, I lived in St.Pete for over 30 years…1947 to 1981. I remember building fires on the beach. Times have changed. Enjoy St. Pete and your DF95.

jonesjj
    Participant

Looked up Freedom Lake and it is about 10-15 min from my house, when do you guy go there? just wondering when I may know there will be someone there, do I need to join a club to sail with you guys?

mohsusa06

Jonesjj
      They sail at freedom lake park on Wed. and Sat. from 8 to 12 or so. No need to join happy to have you.

Rick
    Participant

I remember when I was in Dixie Hollins High School. (graduated in ’65). My mother told me never to go to Pinellas Park, because that was where all the “greasers” hung out.
    Y’all be sure to grease your hair before ya go sailing. hahaha

jonesjj
    Participant

mohsusa06
    Thanks for letting me know, I sailed my friends Phantom today for the first time trying this at our pond up here in northern IL and had a great time. My DF 95 showed up yesterday and look forward to getting it assembled and sailing (learning to sail) with you guys down there in a few weeks.

LarryD
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    Larry DeSimone here. I m new to RC Salling, the rc95 will be my first boat. There are a great bunc of guys here in the Bonita, Naples area and they have taken me under there wings an helping me get started in the right direction.
    Looking forward to my new boat arriving in two days. In the meantime Denis and Rich have been letting me sail there boats with there help.

FSTOW3
    Participant

Fred Stow, from Sun City, AZ. I just received my new DF95, which I have already registered as #151. I sail with the West Valley RC Mariners. I’m looking forward to assembling my Dragonflite 95 so I can compete with the talented and friendly members of our club . This relatively new class is growing rapidly in Arizona and elsewhere.

Hap41

Hi Fred…

Please let me know if you need any help with your new 95. 415-260-3300

Hap McGill

Hap41

Sorry, added an incorrect number. Should be 415-250/3300

Dennis McMillen in Sun City, AZ. Have my new DF95 and sail #233. I will be sailing with the West Valley RC Mariners as the DF85 fleet continues to grow. Coming over from a Santana 20 keel boat to RC sailing. Should be interesting. Come out to AZ for sailing in the desert. Now how do we rig a spinnaker?

Hap41

Welcome aboard Dennis. We have a great bunch of DF95 skippers here in AZ. We look forward to having you join us. Hap

lee edwards

Hi – my name is Lee Edwards and I just bought my the DF 95 as my first effort in model sailing. I am in the Chicago area and looking forward to learning the sport when the ice melts!

Puerto Rico DF95
    Participant

Hi Lee I could guarantee you as your first rc sailboat the df95 was an excellent choice I own one I’m out of Puerto Rico and you are going to have so much fun with this boat. My only recommendation is set it up according to the manual until you get an understanding of the sails and the settings. Good luck and enjoy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.